dB Broadcast won the contract to carry out system integration work across the Red Bee portfolio of clients. The work involved supporting and delivering projects around both the playout and creative facilities, predominantly based in London.
The dB team successfully delivered a host of new services and upgrades to Red Bee clients including:
– 4Seven for Channel Four. A new channel and continuity booth was built and integrated into the existing Channel Four infrastructure.
– BBC World News: complete new Playout System and Control Suite. This involved design, build and test of the systems, and supporting the migration of the one of the most viewed channels in the world. This was all achieved without a single break in transmission.
– BBC Worldwide. Technical refresh of Playout Technology and launch of new services.
– Signing Studios. Two new HD Signing Studios were designed and built to meet increasing demands.
– Creative Refresh. Consolidation and technical refresh of core elements of the existing infrastructure including the installation of a new AVID ISIS system.
– BBC2 HD: created the new playout systems for BBC2 HD. This was extremely challenging, working around the existing core BBC infrastructure. The team designed and built the new core system as well as upgrading all the monitoring in the control suite to enable the transmission of HD content. As usual, the dB team was on hand during the migration of services.